What is the Focus of the Workshop?
Participants are asked to prepare a customized presentation based on a real business case scenario. These presentations are reviewed by peers and critiqued on content organization (is your message easy to follow?) as well as delivery effectiveness (did you engage and hold my attention?).
Using digital video recordings, group discussion and lectures, participants learn how to effectively communicate ideas to top level professionals with special emphasis on getting your audience to take action. This highly interactive workshop focuses on preparation, structure, delivery, strategy, use of visual aids and handling question and answers.
How do participants benefit?
At the end of the workshop participants will:
- Understand how to leverage the 6 common elements of all successful presentations.
- Learn how to plan, prepare and deliver presentations around a common case study.
- Utilize a proven presentation methodology to improve organization of content.
- Develop their vocal skills and improve professional presence through the use of video feedback.
- Improve their overall confidence and effectiveness in making presentations.
- Learn how to use PowerPoint as a visual aid, not a crutch.
- Learn practical ideas on how to get their listening audience involved.
- Discover when (and how) to ask for commitment during a presentation.
- Improve their confidence and effectiveness in making presentations.
- Share best practices on presenting to a specific business scenario.
- Commit to a specific 4 week coaching plan for driving these new behaviors forward.
Day One – 8:30am to 5:30pm
- Course overview & participant expectations
- Top ten reasons why most presentations fail
- 1st round of presentations, feedback and coaching
- How to create a more compelling message
- Doing the research
- Defining your objective
- Deciding on the three most important talking points
- Creating your supporting evidence
- Developing your hook
- Learning to gain agreements
- Final framework
- Private coaching session with Tim Wackel (available for each participant)
Day Two — 8:00am to 4:30pm
- Improve vocal skills
- Create a presence that demands attention
- How to work the room to keep listeners engaged
- Make PowerPoint a tool and not a crutch!
- 2nd round of presentations, feedback and coaching
- Personal application plans
- Workshop feedback